Tree Planting by Garden Professors
Check out the link above this photo. But if you found it "Too Long Didn’t Read":(TLDR??) then see below:
Here is a short bullet list on this great article for planting trees.
- Plant trees bare-root. Wash off the soil and check the roots.
- Plant trees appropriate for your climate and soil.
- Not all trees you see at your local nursery are appropriate.
- Buy the youngest tree you can
- Plant in a hole just wide and deep enough for the roots
- Fill the hole with the same soil that was removed.
- No tree staking
- Plant away from grass
- Cover with arborist chips
It is probably time to remove the stake no these trees!